Trans-Siberian: Beijing - Moscow
The Trans-Siberian Railway aboard the Tsar's Gold Train
15 Day Railway Journey from Beijing through Mongolia to Lake Baikal and on to Moscow
Our trips are accompanied throughout by an experienced multi-lingual tour director and a physician travelling on the train. A sophisticated on-board program complements a comprehensive excursion and sightseeing package to make your journey truly memorable.
Highlights of the journey
- Panoramic train route directly alongside Lake Baikal
- Beijing’s Forbidden City
- Tiananmen Square
- Mongolian horseback riding demonstration
- Typical Siberian villages
Included in the journey
- Journey with guaranteed lodging in the booked category aboard the exclusively chartered train from Elian to Moscow. From Beijing to Erlian (ca. 16 hours) accommodation in a 2- or 4-bed compartment in a Chinese sleeping car. The Chinese train does not include wagons in the Nostalgic Comfort or Bolshoi categories.
- Travel for several hours along the Trans-Siberian Railway panoramic route directly on the shores of Lake Baikal, with photo-stops
- Tour director with pertinent knowledge of the region throughout the journey
- Competent tour guides for each group of no more than 26 guests.
- Local travel guides
- All transfers and bus tours according to itinerary
- All excursions and sightseeing according to itinerary, including all entry fees
- All meals according to your itinerary
- Porter service at all railway stations
- A physician on board the train (from the Chinese border to Moscow)
- Shower facilities on board the train
- 2 overnights in a hotel in Beijing and 1 night in Moscow in first-class hotels
- 1 overnight in Ulaanbaatar in a good, centrally located, middle-class hotel
- 1 overnight in Irkutsk in a first-class hotel
- Informational booklet on the region and train for each compartment reserved
- Specials for Bolshoi guests: two meals to choose from for Lunch and Dinner on board the train, 1 bottle of water per person every day in the compartment, 1 alcoholic or non-alcoholic drink included for meals on board the train
- Visa fees
- International flights
- Passport required (passport must be valid more than 6 months after departure date from China/Russia)
- Visa required, depending on your nationality
- No vaccination mandatory
PLEASE CHECK DETAILS WITH YOUR LOCAL EMBASSY.