The Private Train
Your Private Train on the Trans-Siberian Railway
Set this dream of a lifetime on the tracks with our Private Train and experience Russia, Mongolia and China in the safest, most comfortable and fascinating manner.
- Dine in our lovingly designed restaurant waggons. Enjoy finest local cuisine and drinks served by courteous waiters. The restaurant car makes a fine bar waggon, so before and after meals you can enjoy the relaxed atmosphere and have a good conversation with fellow travellers or watch the unique landscapes unfold.
- The train is usually made up as follows: locomotive, luggage van (with food supplies and generator), staff carriage with radio compartment, passenger carriages. The restaurant cars are situated in the middle of the train. The maximum train length permitted is 21 carriages.
- Khrushchev’s “red tsars” were fond of their home comforts, and they liked to travel in style, too. The carriages produced especially for Brezhnev and his comrades – the carriages that now make up the Nostalgic Comfort Category on the Zarengold – clearly demonstrate this.
- The nostalgic style is maintained in the newly built carriages in our Category “Nostalgic Comfort”, which have also been equipped with modern conveniences. You are thus travelling in an ambience in which Soviet top dogs would have felt at home – but with the comforts of the 21st century.
- Each of these twin rooms on wheels has two comfortable bunks (approx. 80 cm wide and 185 cm long) and an armchair where you can watch the scenery roll past in comfort. Guests share a washroom and shower with the neighbouring compartment. Washrooms with toilets are available at each end of the carriage.