Trans-Siberian: Moscow - Beijing
The Trans-Siberian Railway aboard the Tsar’s Gold Train
16 Day Railway Journey from Moscow through Mongolia to Beijing
Experience one of the last great travel adventures. Your journey along the Trans-Siberian Railway, one of the world’s most fascinating and safest train routes, is even more interesting, comfortable, and entertaining with our privately chartered train. This grand private train journey from Moscow to Beijing via Lake Baikal and Mongolia is your chance to fulfil the dream of a lifetime.
Our trips are accompanied by an experienced multi-lingual tour director and a physician travelling on the train. A sophisticated on-board program complements a comprehensive excursion and sightseeing package to make your journey truly memorable. Take advantage of the extensive array of services offered by Europe’s most experienced travel organiser on this route.
Highlights of the journey
- “City of Lights” evening tour through Moscow
- The Kremlin in Kazan
- Welcoming ceremony with bread and salt in Novosibirsk
- Siberian wooden houses in Irkutsk
- Panoramic train route directly alongside Lake Baikal
Included in the journey
- Journey with guaranteed lodging in the booked category aboard the exclusively chartered train to the Chinese border (Elian). From Erlian to Beijing (ca. 16 hours) accommodation in a 2- or 4-bed compartment in a Chinese sleeping car. The Chinese train does not include wagons in the Nostalgic Comfort or Bolshoi categories.
- Travel for several hours along the Trans-Siberian Railway panoramic route directly on the shores of Lake Baikal, with photo-stops
- Tour director with pertinent knowledge of the travelled route throughout the journey
- Competent tour guides for each group of no more than 26 guests.
- Experienced local tour guides
- All transfers / bus trips according to itinerary
- All excursions and sightseeing according to itinerary, including all entry fees
- All meals according to itinerary
- Porter service at all railway stations
- Vodka tasting with traditional Russian snacks
- Concise informational talks on the Trans-Siberian Railway, regional geography, culture, and history of the countries along the route
- A physician on board the train (Moscow – Chinese border)
- Shower facilities on board
- Informational booklet on the region and private train for each compartment reserved
- 1 overnight in a first-class hotel in Moscow
- 1 overnight in Irkutsk in a first-class hotel
- 1 overnight in Ulaanbaatar in a good, centrally located middle-class hotel
- 3 overnights in a first-class hotel in Beijing
- Specials for Bolshoi guests: two meals to choose from for Lunch and Dinner on board the train, 1 bottle of water per person every day in the compartment, 1 alcoholic or non-alcoholic drink included for meals on board the train
- Visa fees
- International flights
- Passport required (passport must be valid more than 6 months after departure date from China/Russia)
- Visa required, depending on your nationality
- No vaccination mandatory
PLEASE CHECK DETAILS WITH YOUR LOCAL EMBASSY.