With this privacy notice, in accordance with Art. 13 GDPR (General Data Protection Regulation), Lernidee Erlebnisreisen GmbH (“Lernidee Erlebnisreisen”) informs you about how your personal data are handled when you submit a request by email / use of our email contact form on this website, or contact us in any other way in writing or by telephone, and the rights of the parties concerned. We will exclusively collect, process and use your personal data insofar as permitted by the Federal Data Protection Act (BDSG) and the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR).
1. Name and address of the person/party responsible for the processing (controller), as well as the data protection officer
The party responsible for the data processing in accordance with Art. 4 No. 7 GDPR
Lernidee Erlebnisreisen GmbH
Managing directors: Hans Engberding and Thorsten Haferkamp
Telephone: 030 / 786 00 00
Telefax: 030 786 00 06 32
Data Protection Officer:
René Rautenberg GmbH
The data protection officer can be contacted at the above-mentioned address with the supplement “to the attention of the data protection officer” or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The person/party responsible for the processing (controller) has implemented numerous technical and organisational measures to ensure a consistent protection of the personal data processed on this website. However, Internet based data transmission may be subject to security gaps, so that absolute protection cannot be guaranteed. For this reason, you are free to transmit personal data to us via alternative means, e.g. by telephone.
2. Personal Data
Personal data are any information relating to you personally and identifiable to you by reference to name, address, email address, user behaviour, etc.
3. Collection and storage of personal data as well as type and purpose of their use
(1) Informational use and access to the website
If you merely access our website to acquire information, i.e., if you do not register or transmit any other information to us, we shall only collect the personal data your browser automatically transmits to our server. This information is temporarily stored in a so-called log file.
If you wish to view our website, we shall collect the following data, which shall be gathered and stored, without any action on your part, until they are automatically deleted:
- IP-address of the requesting computer
- Date and time of the request / access
- Website from which access was made (referrer URL)
- Time zone difference in relation to GMT
- Content of the request (specific page)
- Access status/http status code
- Respective data volume transmitted
- Website from which the request is made
- Browser used / type of browser, where applicable, operating system of your computer, its interface as well as the name of your access provider
- Language and version of the browser software
- Other similar data and information, which serve to avert danger in the case of attacks on our information technology systems.
- We collect data for the following purposes:
- To ensure a smooth connection set-up to the website
- To ensure the convenient use of our website
- To evaluate the security and the stability of the system as well as
- To ensure the permanent functionality of our information technology systems and the technology of our website
- To provide law enforcement agencies with the information needed to prosecute in the case of a cyber attack
- For further administrative purposes.
The legal basis of data processing is Art. 6 para. 1 page. 1 lit. f GDPR. Our legitimate interest in collection of data lies in the above-mentioned purposes.
When using this general data and information we shall not draw any conclusions regarding the data subject. This anonymously gathered data and information shall therefore be evaluated on the one hand statistically, and furthermore, to increase data protection and data security in our company, and, ultimately, to ensure an optimum level of protection for the personal data processed by us. The anonymised data of the server log files shall not be stored together with other personal data provided by the person concerned.
(2) Contact by email /contact form / in oral form / or in written form
If you contact us via email, use our contact form or if you contact us in oral or written form with regard to travel arrangements, we collect the personal data required (surname, first name, address, email address, telephone number (landline and/or mobile), as well as the personal data of any guests traveling with you, date of birth or age of all travellers, where applicable authentication information for visa applications (for example, identification card data), data relevant to handling payment (for example, bank data, credit card data) correspondence (for example, written correspondence or email correspondence with you). This data is gathered and stored to identify you as a client, to reply to your questions or to be able to process your catalogue order or travel booking. Data processing for the purpose of contacting us takes place based on your contact request and is required within the meaning of Art. 6 para. 1 page 1 lit. b GDPR for the purposes mentioned for the adequate handling of your nonbinding request, catalogue order or your booking request, and for the fulfilment of obligations arising from the travel contract.
The personal data submitted by the data subject shall only be collected and stored for internal use by those responsible for the processing and for own purposes. The person responsible for the processing may pass these on to one or several order processors, for instance, a parcel service provider, who shall also only use these personal data for internal use, ascribed to the controller.
On request, the controller shall provide every data subject with information, at any given time, about which personal data relating to the data subject have been stored. Furthermore, the controller shall rectify or delete personal data on request or indication of the data subject, insofar as there are no statutory storage obligations for retention. The data subject may contact all the employees responsible for processing as persons to contact within this context at the email address: email@example.com.
4. Deletion of data and storage duration
We store your personal data only for as long as it is required for the specified purpose (handling or processing of your request) and for the fulfilment of the contract. We delete these data once its storage is no longer necessary, or restrict the processing in the case of legal storage obligations (Art. 6 para. 1 lit. c GDPR). The criterion for the duration of storage of personal data is determined by the respective legal storage obligation. After expiry of this period, the relevant data shall be routinely deleted insofar as they are no longer needed for the fulfilment or initiation of the contract.
You may revoke the use or processing of your data for the purpose of marketing, advertising or opinion surveys by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
If we have recourse to contracted service providers for individual functions or wish to use your data for promotional purposes, we shall inform you about the respective procedures below as of item 6. In doing so we shall also specify the storage duration criteria determined.
If there is no legal basis for the processing of your personal data we will seek the consent of the data subject.
5. Your rights as a data subject
Pursuant to Art. 7 para. 3 GDPR
- you have the right to revoke your declaration of consent (Right of revocation) at any time. The revocation must be submitted by email to email@example.com, or to the address specified in item 1 hereinabove. This means that in future we may not continue any data processing based on this consent.
Pursuant to Art. 15 GDPR you have
- the right to information about personal data that are processed by us, and the purpose of the processing, the category of personal data, the recipients or categories of recipients, to whom these data have been disclosed and shall be disclosed, the planned duration of storage, or about
- the right to rectification or deletion (“Right to be forgotten”),
- the right to restriction of processing,
- the right to object to processing,
- the right to data portability,
- the right to be informed about the source of your data, insofar as these have not been gathered by us,
- the right to be informed about the existence of automated decision-making, including profiling, and where applicable, demand meaningful information about their details.
Pursuant to Art. 16 GDPR you have
- the right to request the immediate rectification of incorrect or completion of personal data stored with us.
Pursuant to Art. 17 GDPR you have
- the right to request the deletion of personal data stored by us, insofar as the processing is not required to exercise the freedom of expression and information, to fulfil a legal obligation, for reasons of public interest or to establish, exercise or defend legal claims.
Pursuant to Art. 18 GDPR you have
- the right to request the limitation of processing of your personal data insofar as you dispute the accuracy of the data, the processing is unlawful, but you refuse to delete the personal data and we no longer need the data, however you need these for the assertion, exercise or defence of legal claims or if you have objected to the processing pursuant to Art. 21 GDPR.
Pursuant to Art. 20 GDPR you have
- the right to receive your personal data that you have provided to us in a structured, current and machine-readable format or to request its transfer to another controller, and
Pursuant to Art. 77 GDPR you have the right
- to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority regarding the processing of your personal data by us. This is usually the supervisory authority where you are residing or your working place or our company headquarters.
Right of objection:
If your personal data is processed based on legitimate interests in accordance with Art. 6 para. 1 page 1 lit. f GDPR, you have the right in accordance with Art. 21 GDPR to object to the processing of your personal data if there are reasons for this which arise from your particular situation. If you would like to make use of your right of objection, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org, or contact Lernidee Erlebnisreisen at the address stated in No. 1.
If you object to the processing for direct marketing purposes, you have a general right of objection, which we will implement without specifying a particular situation.
To exercise any of the above-mentioned rights, as well as comments, suggestions or requests for information with regard to data protection, please feel free to contact us at the address stated above or at email@example.com.
6. Forwarding data to third parties
Your personal data shall not be transmitted to third parties for purposes other than those listed below.
We shall only disclose your personal data to third parties if:
- you have expressly consented to this under Art. 6 para. 1 page 1 a GDPR,
- the disclosure in accordance with Art. 6 para. 1 page 1 f DGPR to assert, exercise or defend legal claims and there is no reason to believe that you have an overriding interest in not disclosing your data,
- in the event that disclosure in accordance with Art. 6 para. 1 page 1 c GDPR is a statutory obligation, provided
- this is legally permissible and in accordance with Art. 6 para. 1 page 1 b GDPR is required for the processing of contractual relationships with you.
The following data in particular shall be shared, for example your name, your address, credit card data, travel data, identification/passport data – in so far as necessary – to manage, process and complete your booking (based of Art. 6 para. 1 page 1 lit. b basis). Within this context we shall share your personal data with airlines, car rental services, hotels, booking platforms, travel agencies, embassies or immigration authorities.
7. Newsletter / Subscription to the newsletter
Lernidee Erlebnisreisen informs its clients and business partners at regular intervals by means of a newsletter about new company offers and gives users the opportunity to subscribe to this newsletter. When you register for our newsletter in the input mask, the personal data (name, address, email address) you enter for registration to the newsletter will be transmitted to the controller and stored. The data subject may only receive our company’s newsletter if (1) the data subject has a valid email address and (2) the data subject registers for the newsletter mailing. A confirmation email will be sent to the email address registered by a data subject for the first time for newsletter shipping, for legal reasons, in the double opt-in procedure. This confirmation email is used to prove whether the owner of the email address as the data subject has authorized the newsletter mailing. Lernidee Erlebnisreisen can arrange for the data to be transmitted to an order processor, for example a lettershop, who shall also only use these personal data for internal use, ascribed to the controller. There will be no transfer of personal data collected to unauthorised third parties. During the registration for the newsletter, we also store the IP address of the computer system assigned by the Internet service provider (ISP) and used by the data subject at the time of the registration, as well as the date and time of the registration. The collection of this data is necessary in order to understand the (possible) misuse of the email address of a data subject at a later date, and it therefore serves the aim of the legal protection of the controller.
The legal basis for the processing of the data after registering to the newsletter by the user is Art. 6 para. 1 page 1 lit. f GDPR. The data shall be deleted as soon as they are no longer necessary to achieve the purpose for which they were collected. The user's email address shall be stored for as long as the newsletter subscription is active.
The personal data collected as part of a registration for the newsletter will only be used to send our newsletter. In addition, subscribers to the newsletter may be informed by email, as long as this is necessary for the operation of the newsletter service or a registration in question, as this could be the case in the event of modifications to the newsletter offer, or in the event of a change in technical circumstances.
The subscription to our newsletter may be terminated by the data subject at any time. The consent to the storage of personal data, which the data subject has given for mailing the newsletter, may be revoked at any time. For the purpose of revocation of consent, a corresponding link is found in each newsletter. It is also possible to unsubscribe from the newsletter at any time directly on the website of the controller, or to communicate this to the controller in a different way. You may revoke the use or processing of your data for the purpose of marketing, advertising or opinion surveys and unsubscribe from the newsletter at any time, free of charge, by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
8. Google Analytics