About Trans-Siberian Travel
Trans-Siberian Travel is a part of Lernidee Trains & Cruises, Europe's largest organizer of journeys on the Trans-Siberian Railroad. Every year, we operate more than 100 different train and cruise journeys, in addition to the Trans-Siberian.
Our tailor-made tours by train and cruise aim to please travelers who love to discover new places or experience classic destinations from wholly new perspectives.
Our story began in 1986 when the company’s founder, Hans Engberding, organized a Russian language course on the Trans-Siberian Railroad. The course soon became a hit and earned media coverage around the world, including in the New York Times.
Our philosophy is to combine travel and discovery of exciting new destinations with fascinating experiences and cultural and historical insights. We provide:
- Opportunities to discover routes and destinations off the beaten track
- Journeys organized by an experienced tour operator with an eye for detail
- Authentic experiences and encounters
- Personalized attention, planning and supervision
We draw on the creativity, experience and know-how of our team's more than 80 staff members to develop unique tours with reliable partners. Lernidee founder Hans Engberding travels around the world on a constant quest to discover inspiring and fresh ideas for new tours. Year after year he joins several of our tours to inspect their quality and get to know the likes and dislikes of our guests.
Why Travel With Us?
All of our well-crafted journeys are characterized by a set of special features you will find only with us:
- We operate our own tours, so guests always enjoy direct, excellent service
- Wide selection of travel dates and with pre- and post-tours available
- Tailor-made itineraries and charters
- Sophisticated onboard programs and comprehensive excursion and sight-seeing packages
- Professional threefold tour guide system consisting of a knowledgeable and dedicated tour director, an expert group guide and several local guides
- Alternating overnights in your private train compartment or ship cabin and in first class hotels
- Profound insights into the cultures history of tour destinations
- Numerous exciting excursions included with every journey
- Luggage service
- Airport and train station transfers
- Doctor on board private trains
- Meals included as per itineraries, including regional culinary specialties
- Entertaining lectures on local culture, history and everyday life
- Detailed travel documents, travel guides and personal log book
- Extra services or preferences upon request